Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh Oregon....

I never really had any draw toward Oregon, or any desire to spend a lot of time there. I had always kind of figured, "why Oregon, it's just that state stuck between Washington and California?!" Then my good friend Allysun, her husband Dave, and there silly daughter Annabelle moved to Brownsville, and I couldn't wait to visit! Kalani and I were invited to spend a long week with Allysun and her family and we quickly jumped at the opportunity. We were able to combine this trip with our visit to SF and it really worked out perfectly for us.
I had an absolutely wonderful time. It was so realaxing, comfortable, fun, and enlightening for me to spend this time away from California and with an awesome friend. I have a new love for Oregon, I really do. Brownsville is a small town of 1500 people, located equally between Corvalis and Eugene in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I will let the photos tell the story of this trip :)

We had this "thing" going with apple pie. We got the kids totally obsessed with it, in a good way :) This is our beautiful, all natural, healthy and delicious, sugar-free apple pie! Kalani and Annabelle ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was good!!






I ordered some new water bottles for the kids and they arrived the second day we were there. They are suuuper great! All stainless steel, insulated, and very durable.
Please note: we did NOT color coordiante these shots.


Fresh popped popcorn and good company. Yeah!!




Drumming on the wall! Bath time is so much more fun with a buddy!!


Future hairstylist, Annabelle. (In case you can't tell, that's a comb in her hand.)


Kalani really enjoyed this...


really, really enjoyed it.


Surprise!! I'm watching you two :)





A morning at the playground in Brownsville.








And an afternoon of rain.


Kalani LOVED the rain!




Kalani and I went to the neighbor's sunflower garden to pick some of these giant beauties for our very gracious host's. He was so happy and content in between the rows of towering flowers. It was one of my favorite moments with him on our whole trip. Splendor. Love.









1 comment:

Angel Baby said...

We LOVED having you here!

And I don't know about you guys, but we've been cooking about an apple pie a week up here... got a serious addiction going.

Miss you lots.